Subscribe now to Podcast of Prayer for Today
Tonite is the first new moon of the summer and it’s a potent one! I love to share a new moon ritual that I learned from my teacher – Venerable Dhyani Ywahoo – I love an opportunity to do sacred ceremony that supports the expansion of my spiritual practice and the awakening of my mind. Here’s what I love to do and I encourage you to add your own spice!
New Moon is a time of planting seeds – Full Moon is a time of harvest AND of releasing.
What are the seeds that you would like to plant now and see them grow to fruition by the next full moon (28 days) or beyond?
To begin – prepare your space with any or all of the following:
- smudge your space for clarity – or light incense or make some offering of smoke if that feels right
- more offerings: light a white candle for fire offering, glass of water, dish of salt, dish of cornmeal
- play a music that feels expansive and supportive
- write down your aspirations – the seeds your planting for this coming month
- make prayers before, during and after your sacred ceremony to align with Divine Will and release all habits that create suffering
- Energize the benefits for all beings of the realization of your aspirations
- You can tape your aspiration writing to the window where the moon can pass by it in the night – I like the idea of receiving the moon’s blessing and making an offering of my aspirations
- in the morning, you can burn your paper and make that offering of the smoke – this morning fire puja (or same night or next day, according to your feeling) helps affirm the offering you’re making to align with your aspirations.
Ceremonies are so healing and energizing.
Invite a friend to join you and align together.
Remember to continuously energize your aspirations every day and keep your attention focused on the benefits for all beings when your aspiration is fully realized!
Go for it! Let me know your aspirations – write them here in the comment section and I’ll hold them in my heart too!