Subscribe now to Podcast of Prayer for Today
Spiritual teachings help us to understand that we live in the world of illusion – the body is a projection of the mind for the purpose of communication. The body is the temple that we work with in this world, and as A Course in Miracles tells us, let us not become obsessed with the temple, let us look to the altar within the temple. The altar is our main focus. What is the altar? It’s our heart. Our heart IS the kingdom. Seek first the kingdom, which is within, and ALL ELSE shall be added unto you.
Seeking the kingdom is also seeking the light. We’re seeking our own illumination. As we become more loving, gentle, kind, compassionate and open – we’re naturally more luminous and radiant.
Back in 1997 when I first began actively detoxing, cleansing and fasting, I was AMAZED at just how powerful the body-mind-emotional connection is – I didn’t have a clue how connected these things are until I started cleansing. When I started doing to detox and cleanse – I let go of so much MENTAL toxicity I was blown away. I discovered a whole new understanding of my mental and emotional relationship to food. I had PROFOUND healing.
Through educating myself about fasting and detoxing I learned that many people are severely constipated. I’ve talked with people who have experienced 30 days without having a bowel movement. People going a week or two without a bowel movement is common. It’s also a sign of EXTREME dysfunction internally – and fortunately it can be corrected.
Sometimes constipation is caused by tension, and tightness – withholding. Part of it is mental tension that translates to the emotional body, that transfers to the physical body. It ripples outward, so to speak. If we don’t do our healing at the level of the mind, it shows up in the emotional body and then the physical body.
As part of our 40 day reboot – and our healing of the mind, please place your attention on these things and be willing to become more aware so you can bring forth more light and healing on these habits that may be completely unconscious. Here are tips for your healing:
- Be willing to become very aware when you feel tense.
- Notice what’s happening with your body – are you clenching your buttocks or belly?
- People who clench their buttocks a lot often have constipation issues – is that happening in your experience?
- How are you breathing? Are you breathing on a very shallow level? That affects your well-being – be willing to notice and breathe more fully – it doesn’t have to be deep breaths, but full breaths are so helpful to our body and emotional body.
- Are your shoulders tense or relaxed? Are you hunched over?
- Is your neck tense? How does your voice sound? Is it peaceful and harmonious?
- Is your jaw relaxed? A lot of people hold tension in their jaw and grind their teeth in their sleep. We can become very aware of the tension and consciously choose to Partner UP and release the cause of the tension.
- What are the thoughts that are causing the tension? Be willing to look at them. Thoughts that cause tension aren’t actually true – they’re fear-based thoughts which are never true. Eliminate the judgment – give it to the Higher Holy Self for healing.
- Consciously intend to relax – focus on relaxing for 90 seconds, breathing fully, with your hand on your heart – you can do this when you listen to my prayer.
- This boosts your immune system for 6 hours and it’s an act of self-Love and self-nurturing which heals your mind of unworthiness. By the way, if you don’t have 90 seconds to care for yourself and release the tension it’s time to rethink your life.
- Call upon the healing angels to support you in coming back into your right mind. It works.
- Be grateful for the healing that’s happening.
- Affirm your willingness to receive healing support and to be a loving presence in your own life.
Today with being mindful of our body, choosing to release tension and the cause of tension, we realize:
Spiritual practice SAVES time –
time that would otherwise be spent in suffering.
Invest in spiritual practice rather than in suffering.
In our 40 day reboot of Pray & Clear, we’re clearing out the mental and emotional clutter that keeps us from experiencing our natural Peace, Joy and Love. We’re rewiring out mental-emotional-physical body connections – and it works – consistency is helpful!
Please be willing to practice these steps and retrain yourself to be more loving and to transform the fear and tension – it will benefit EVERYONE in your life! Please share what you discover in our facebook group.
On the cleanse side of life: How about a really healthy pasta recipe? Yes! Buckwheat is a grain that’s so good for you! Buckwheat, like quinoa, is actually seed that acts like a grain. I’ve always loved buckwheat pancakes. Yum! Buckwheat has 5 times the amount of protein that brown rice does and it’s rich with minerals and antioxidants.
You can get buckwheat soba noodles – those delicious thick noodles that come in udon soups. Well, here’s a Sesame Noodles recipe that sounds SO GOOD! I love things that can be made in less than 30 minutes – this recipe calls for 20 minutes of prep and 10 minutes to cook. Cook with a friend and you can get that prep time to 10 minutes. Go for it and let me know how yours comes out! PLUS you can store some of the dressing and then have an easy second batch later in the week! Woo hoo!
If you’re finding what I’m sharing to be helpful won’t you please share at facebook and twitter to let others know? Thank you!
Come run away with me! Check out my Stop Playing Small Retreat this May in North Carolina! ALSO I’m offering my Spiritual Counseling Intensive Training again – check it out, also in May in North Carolina!