Subscribe now to Podcast of Prayer for Today
People often tell me that they have issues with sleeping and it really bothers them. I used to have all kinds of issues with sleep deprivation. I used to start to panic if I thought I wasn’t going to get a good night’s sleep. I had this belief that if I didn’t get a good night’s sleep I’d get sick. Because I believed it, guess what? I experienced.
In the last dozen years or so, I’ve noticed that sometimes Spirit wakes me up in the middle of the night to pray and meditate for a couple of hours. I’ve learned to be obedient and get up and do what I feel called to.
I notice that if I get up fro a couple of hours in the middle of the night to pray, then go back to sleep around 4:30 for an hour or two, I wake up feeling just as rested as I would if I’d not gotten up. That’s how Spirit is.
The last couple of nights I’ve been waking up almost hourly to pray for a friend who is going through something very traumatic. I don’t feel the worse for wear in the morning or the next day, because the prayer is so restorative.
What’s exhausting about not sleeping well is worrying about it. Fretting is tiring.
If sleep is an issue for you, here are some things that might help you.
- Get off your screens for at least 2 hours before bed.
- Don’t drink a lot of liquid before bedtime.
- Pray and meditate before bed. It’s really wonderful for your sleep time!
- Call the healing angels to help you sleep well and wake up restored and refreshed.
- You can always read some A Course in Miracles – reading out loud is wonderful – it recalibrate the vibration of your body, your room and everything around you.
- Remember that ACIM says, “Rest comes from waking, not from sleeping.”
Give the fretting to the Higher Holy Spirit Self for healing and rest in the arms of the angels. Count your blessings. Be grateful. These are wonderful nighttime practices that are recalibrating and healing!
If you’re finding what I’m sharing to be helpful won’t you please share at facebook and twitter to let others know? Thank you!